Sunday, February 27, 2011

San Diego Fine Dining Review: IKEA for dinner?

Don't worry I'm still scheduled to do part three, an Italian restaurant review, from the eight part fine dining series. But just yesterday I was at IKEA to get a few rigels,a spoka, and an aspelund. So before we started shopping we went upstairs to their cafeteria. The up side of going there was the reasonably priced food and the drinks, and the down side of it was it was a cafeteria. Their salmon is not bad and I like their meatballs, even with that lingonberry sauce. They now have a lingonberry juice in the soda fountain, which I rather liked. But it just didn't taste as good because it was fresh off the heat lamp and served in a lunchroom style cafeteria. I think IKEA needs to kick it up a notch. It is IKEA right? The land of cheaply made fantasy furniture. With all  the whacked out things they sell in their store why can't they bust out the crazy restaurant with rolling panels, transforming tables, ridiculous chairs and impossible lamps?

Well, if you don't mind eating in a typical cafeteria, take a trip upstairs before you pick up a new expedit, and you can get some pretty okay Swedish food.

Look forward to my next exciting post about something else in San Diego that I find mildly annoying.