Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Terra Bistro, good food crappy hosts

The food is good and the head chef was personable. But I will never eat at Terra Bistro again. When we first got there the hostess asked if we had reservations. This place is on el cajon in between a liquor store and an abandoned storefront with bums all around. So when she went tsk tsk tsk and gestured with her finger, chastising us for not having reservations, I wanted to knock her out. This place is in La Mesa on the edge of San Diego, not downtown. We don't go out and spend a ton of money on fancy dinners all the time, and when we do, I don't like when the hostess makes me feel like a jerk. The food was very good and so was our server, but when it was time to leave the a-holes at Terra did it again. Ten seconds after the server came by with the dessert and the bill, assuring us that he was not trying to rush us out, the rest of the wait staff proceeded to stack chairs on tables all around us. At that point I was so visibly irritated that my chick wanted to know what the hell my problem was. When I go out for a $100 meal I expect to be treated like someone who just spent $100. Honestly, I think they have better customer service at Jack in the Crack.