Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fast Food Expose: Taco Bell's Meximelt

I don't know what kind of show they think they are running over there these days, but I am not having it. I'm not here to complain about the meat, I've always been fine with their beef. It has always been that same weird stuff that resembles a cross between meat and baby food. And I'll be honest, sometimes I don't really want Mexican food, it can be too real for me. And that's when I go to T-Bell where I can get an American rendition of Mexican food.
Last night we hit up the Taco Bell drive thru and ordered a bunch of tacos and four meximelts. I forgot that the Bell even made these awesome things until my chick reminded me about them. Apparantly they are a big part of her childhood memory of Taco Smell. When she talks about meximelts she gets all glassy eyed and is like "Every time we got Taco Bell me and my sister got meximelts, and it was such a wonderful classic family style experience or something." So anyway, we get home and the meximelt has nacho cheese in it instead of shredded cheese. It sounds like maybe it isn't a big deal, but it really is. Meximelts, which really are good, taste like crap with nacho cheese in them. Nacho cheese belongs on corn chips and that is it.

So now I don't know what to do. I like the Meximelts but I'm afraid I'll get burned again with the nacho cheese switch-in. Since when did Taco Bell think people wanted nacho cheese in their food? That stuff belongs on chips only, seriously. Chips only.