Saturday, April 2, 2011

I don't shop at Walmart for the service

First off, I want to apologize for not posting anything for a couple of days, it's tough coming up with such fantastic literary gems every day. I was thinking about posting an entry, but I didn't have anything. I was so desperate I was going to blog about the Tangled DVD I just got from Redbox, but then I realized there wasn't really a story there. Yesterday me and the old ball and chain went to Walmart to get a big gas grill. She decided to buy the best option at Walmart which is always the second cheapest version of the product available. We needed help getting it off the shelf so ball and chain asked a guy with a Walmart name tag who was setting setting up a tortilla chip display rack. His response was "I don't work here." My first thought was where the hell do you work then, if you are setting up chips here right by the check out aisle? My chick was now afraid to ask anyone else for help because Mr. I don't work here had flipped the script on her. How was she supposed to trust her own eyes and thoughts if the people working at the store with blue shirts and name tags are going respond to her requests by saying I don't work here. Later on in the store another worker noticed the propane tank in our cart and said we couldn't bring it into the store. This also made no sense because we picked it up off the shelf with plans to buy it. Later a few confused remarks later, Captain idiot lady realized that we were not exchanging an empty tank and were trying to buy a new one, so she left us alone. So at the big W don't ask for help, and if a worker on the floor tries to help you, just roll away to safety. Now I'm not saying you should start shopping at Target or anything(unless you win the lotto), but when you go to this cheap superstore remember why it's so cheap. Treat the employees like random strangers who have the option of helping you if they are so inclined, and you might be alright. Don't get confused and think that because you are the customer anybody working there will give two !@#$'s about what you need.

Here is the sweet gas grill old Bally McChain got from the Supertore run by haters.