Monday, April 11, 2011

The commercials are getting to be better than the shows.

Lately all the shows I watch have been getting kind of lame. These days I have more fun watching the Dairy Queen commercial with the old fashioned shaving rabbits than I do watching the office or CSI. I think the writers today are doing more with Doritos commercials than they are with my favorite shows. What's up with that? I remember when people used to say that watching the superbowl was great because they loved watching all the great commercials. Now I totally know what they are talking about. When the guy sprinkles the Dorito crumbs on the grandpa's ashes and he comes back to life, hilarious. And how about all those funny beer commercials, or what about the twix commercial where the dude takes a twix break and is like "oh, I've been robbed!" so the woman he just brought to his apartment won't think he's a slob. I'd take an ad for Bud Light over an episode of Saturday Night Live any time. So the next time you are watching your favorite prime time show, ask yourself this, is it as good as the Taco Bell commercial where the guy throws shrimp in the air while he's at the yacht party?