Friday, April 22, 2011

Peel off the shiny sticker on your hat already

New Era fitted hats have this shiny gold label sticker that comes on every new hat. It has the size on it for the convenience of shoppers, kind of like L stickers on shirts to signify size large. When I asked someone why he keeps the sticker on his hat he said "because it makes it look new." But then I pointed out that the hat is already getting faded from wear and tear, and soon the patch of hat under the sticker will be a different color than the rest of the hat. So if the sticker ever gets peeled off the hat will have a dumb looking spot right on the center of the bill. The proud sticker wearer acknowledged this fact, but it did not change his mind. His answer was "So I won't ever peel off the sticker." At this point I realized that I would never win this argument. I just can't wrap my mind around this current trend. And If I ever get a fitted New Era hat the first thing I am going to do is peel that sucker right off. Or maybe I'll save the sticker and sell it on Ebay.