Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pilot G2s are dunzo

I used to be a loyal consumer of those pilot G2 V-7 precise pilot pens. My pet bird even developed a taste for them. She loved to chew them up and destroy the soft grips. But now I am through with them. I found that these pens ruined me for all others. It used to be that I couldn't get started on my work unless I had my trusty V-7 at my desk. And don't get me started on the pen thievery. Every time one of my pilot's went missing it was Sherlock Holmes time. I remember when a turquiose pilot pen of mine turned up missing and I saw a coworker with the same colored pilot pen. I gave her dirty looks for an hour until she left the room and I was able to inspect the pen in question. I noticed that it had more ink in it than the one I lost so I decided that she probably hadn't stolen mine. Unless she stole it and then refilled it with ink to throw me off.

Do you see what I mean here? I had become obssessed. A couple of months ago I picked up a 15 cent papermate pen and started using it. It worked fine, I had no complaints, and the real payoff came when I lost it. I didn't care in the least. It was so liberating. So that's it for me, papermate, bic, whatever, as long as I don't have a deep seated emotional attachment to my pen so I can worry about more important things like where the heck I left my stupid flashdrive.