Thursday, March 10, 2011

Where are the new Inventions? It is supposed to feel like 2011 not 1987.

Nobody is inventing @#$! anymore. What happened to the mag-lev car idea? Or how about just an electric pencil sharpener that isn't super loud? I remember watching all these great future shows and movies back in the eighties with flying skateboards and jetpacks that can get you to work. What happened with all that? Did all the inventing stop when when the late great Billy Maze died? These days it seems like the only new inventions are iphone apps. Where is the magic and life changing innovation that I was promised during my childhood? I know there are cars that park themselves and an app for the iphone that can make boobs jiggle, but that isn't enough. We need a new transmorgrafier or at least a teleportation machine. I thought this was 2011, but for some reason it still feels like 1996. I saw Back To The Future and I want that stuff that that Marty McFly had. I watched James bond twenty years ago and we still don't have submarine cars on every block. It is 2011 and I ask modern scientists, inventors and Vince, the Shamwow guy: Where's the beef?