Saturday, March 19, 2011

3DS for $249.99, are you kidding me?


I was in Gamestop the other day and I saw the display box for the new 3DS. A hand held system for $250, you must be kidding. And I'm a faithful buyer of Nintendo DS products. I got the DS, then I got the DS Lite, then I traded in my Light towards a DSi. I'm down with the system, no one can question my loyalty to this toy. Every time a new DS comes out it is not a question of if I will buy it, it is only a question of when. But $249.99? Come on Nintendo, I've got bills to pay. For that much money this thing had better be able to do a lot. If I am struggling with this ridiculously high price then I would have to imagine that many others are too. For once Nintendo it is a question of if I will get it rather than when. I thought that during these harsh economic times the video game industry was one of the few markets that was not taking a brutal financial hit. Even if it does cost a lot to manufacture, $249.99 is a lot of money. I ask you, Nintendo fat-cat executives, what's up with exorbitant prices? I'm not rich and who ever priced this thing is a b!@#%. I think Nell Carter put it best when she said "Gimme a break!" (Give Me A Break 1987).