Thursday, June 23, 2011

Don't buy sunglasses at the Arco on College and Montezuma

I was riding my bicycle past the gas station by SDSU yesterday and I saw the guy working there was putting up the numbers for the latest gas prices. He had a long pole with a grabber on the end to place the numbers on the sign high above him. I was alright with this, I even thought about how it might be fun to put those numbers up myself, as an entertaining dexterity test. But then I looked at the man's face and the sunglasses he was wearing. They still had the tags on them! Right on the bridge of the nose. Why would a gas station attendant leave the tags on a pair of sunglasses sold at the minimart where he works? Is it because that is the new style, to leave your tags on your sunglasses, or because he did not buy them? My fear is that he is just using them for a minute because it is a sunny day, and he plans to put them right back on the shelf. This wouldn't be a major criminal offense if it was the middle of November, but it is June, the hottest freakin' month we have had in San Diego this year. On a hot day like this the bridge of a person's nose and the backs of his ears are going to get hot and sweaty. This means there will be a pair of sunglasses on the shelf with alot of minimart attendant sweat on them. Sure, he might have wiped it off, but does that make it OK? I say no. Sunglasses at that Arco will be forever tainted as far as I'm concerned. I hate to think of what other atrocities might have occured there. Hopefully they don't sell underwear over there too.