Thursday, June 16, 2011

Looking for Work Suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Why does looking for work suck so bad? Is it because looking for work is work? Or is it worse than work because you have to motivate yourself without any instruction or coercion? I say it's worse than work. I have been looking through online applications and they are killing me. They either want an unskilled worker who will start at low base pay to do some data entry word processing type stuff, or an expert in field with over two years of experience. I am neither of these. So for this afternoon and many more afternoons to come I will be searching for the middle ground. I want to get in the field of professional writing/editing and I don't want to start at the remedial level of data entry. Or am I being all snobby about this, is data entry where it's at? Maybe I should just fill out an application at Ralphs. Or maybe I should just hang with the scruffy recycling gang in the Ralphs parking lot. I see this one dude every time I'm at my local Ralphs, looking bummy with two sacks of cans and eating lunch fresh from the deli counter. Maybe he's got the right idea.